This is the Rockford Fosgate 2-channel amp, you can pick these up for around £100. The Prime Series R125-2 2-channel amp gives you Rockford Fosgate performance in an incredibly small package, driving each of your speakers with 40 watts RMS to fill your car with great music. You can also bridge this workhorse amp into 1-channel mode to deliver 125 watts RMS to a sub. The built-in frequency filters and Rockford Fosgate’s famous Punch bass boost allow you to adjust the amp to work best with your speaker setup and your vehicle.
Rockford Fosgate designed Prime amps to deliver “Power Output Without Excessive Regulation” (POWER), which means they’ll respond quickly to the peak demands that you may throw at your system. The included wired remote lets you control the amp’s volume level from the front seat. Your driver’s seat will become your favorite place for listening once this compact Prime amp goes to work.
This amp is very small only 200mm wide, 620mm high and 195mm deep, so its great to have the power and not lose any space. However, we would suggest using 8-10 gauge wires for power. The only disadvantage is being a small amp, the output power isn’t massive. While you can bridge to 125watts RMS, on a decent subwoofer this would not be able to run it efficiently, whie for speakers, a maximum of two should be attached to this amp.
After comparing to other amps around the same price bracket and specification. N20 Audio would rate this Rockford Fosgate R125-2, 7 out of 10.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 40 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (65 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 125 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- high-pass filter (80 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- wired remote control included
- Class-AB amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- frequency response: 20-20K Hz
- preamp inputs and outputs
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 25A x 1
- 200mm wide, 620mm high and 195mm deep