Rockford Fosgate are known for constantly developing their audio to make it better, but not bigger. N20 Audio preview the T600-2, which provides big power in a small package
A two-channel amplifier from the Power series, with a cast chassis and many proprietary Rockford Technologies. You can pick these up for around £400, expensive, but the sound quality is massive.
Rockford Fosgate have been developing better car audio amplifiers for a long time now and have worked out a lot of stuff to do with the thermodynamics of hardcore car audio use. It has large terminals that can hold up to 4-gauge power cables, and oversized speaker holes too, with a nice shiny black cover over the top to finish the style off.
Three lights on the top indicate either ‘power on’, ‘thermal’ warning or ‘protect’ mode. You get a single separate control on the amp as well, with gain and frequency. You can set the crossover from all-pass to high-pass or low-pass. In low-pass: “The chassis is a casting and the design allows for heat to be spread evenly across the casting” from Rockford Fosgate, this is good as some 2-channel amps can over heat quite easily.
You get a lot of RMS power for something 2/3 of an A4 piece of paper at 300w for 2-channel @ 2 ohms, it will easily keep any speakers running that you throw at it. Usually, most component speakers are around 100w RMS. So you could run three or four sets off this.
N20 Audio would rate the Rockford Fosgate Power T600-2, 8 out of 10, as we feel its a bit over -priced for comparing to others on the market but you wont be left disappointed.
– 2 x 200w RMS @ 4 Ohms
– 2 x 300w RMS @ 2 Ohms
– 1 x 600w RMS @ 4 Ohms
– 1 Ohm x 2 stable; 2 Ohm x 1 bridged stable
– CAST Aluminium heatsink with shiny black finish
– 4Ga. Power Terminals with crosshead screw driven compression sockets
– Punch Equalisation 0 to +12dB @ 12kHz with 0 to +18dB @ 45Hz
– Adjustable input sensitivity 150mv to 5.0V
– RCA Input and throughput
– Stereo & Mono operation
– Frequency response 20Hz to 20kHz +/-1dB
– Signal to Noise Ratio 105dBA
– Lowpass/Highpass Filter 50Hz to 500Hz 24dB per Octave Butterworth
– Fuse Rating 150A x1 NB Not Built In
– HxWxD(mm) 55 x 207 x 195mm
– Mass 5.51Kg/ 12.15Lb
– PEQ Socket for use with knob supplied separately
– CEA 2006 Compliant